MGX.Digital is looking for a hands-on SEO manager or digital marketing manager / digital project manager with an interest in SEO. This is a fully remote role, but UK based.
- Full Time
- Flexible hours
- Fully Remote, based in the UK
- 27k-37k depending on capabilities (salary range negotiable if you can hit the ground running)
- 37.5 hour week
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Profit share bonus scheme
Do you work in digital and enjoy dealing with a range of clients from different industries? Then this could be the role for you. You may already be working in Search Engine Optimisation or be a digital marketer, digital marketing account manager, project manager with a keen interest in SEO to begin with, or ready to further your career in SEO.
MGX.Digital is an independent and successful SEO consultancy in its early stages of growth and this role will be the first full time hire for of the company! This role will be best suited for an entrepreneurial individual who wants to create their own ladder to climb up as we grow the agency and reach new heights.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to have a direct impact on the direction of the business and be part of this exciting market, able to build their own career as well as helping small to medium size businesses be more successful. You will be able to shape your career progression based on your experience, capabilities, and your personal career goals.
You could be an SEO executive, SEO Manager, SEO Lead, Search Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, Digital Project Manager, Digital Account Manager or similar. As long as you are capable, there will be plenty of training available, and chance to shape the role to fit your skills and goals.
About the Job and MGX.Digital
We are dedicated to white hat SEO techniques, providing clients with the best potential opportunities for long term growth. Our client base ranges from the travel industry, B2B businesses, charities and not for profit, to ecommerce. We have built up great relationships with all of our clients whom we value as much as they value and enjoy the quality of the service we provide for them.
To start with, this will be a small team, just you and Margaux (the Founder and Managing Director of MGX.Digital). The agency has plenty of potential to grow rapidly, and in turn we will grow the team accordingly. By being a fully work from home business, you will be able to work independently, though being responsive to online communication to ensure transparency is an absolute must. Margaux is reliable, respectful and is an equal opportunities advocate.
Joining as the SEO Manager you’ll play a key role delivering search projects to a diverse and interesting client base. As an SEO Manager at MGX.Digital you’ll be helping our existing and growing client base to grow their online presence, as well as working on day to day retainer SEO activities. You’ll provide SEO consultations, produce SEO reports, advise on best practices, monitor performance and implement SEO strategies. Your role will ensure the successful delivery and deployment of client projects.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with your clients
- Ownership of the SEO performance of our clients, working to deliver on a clear and agreed strategy/roadmap
- Content writing including titles and meta descriptions, updating existing content to include relevant semantic terms provided, creating page outlines and structures to supply to the copywriting team
- General website maintenance, updating internal links, titles, content and images. CMS include WordPress and Shopify
- Monthly reporting and planning of retainer client tasks and monitoring sites on a regular basis ensuring the SEO channel is performing as expected
- SEO tasks such as keyword research, competitor analysis, technical and onpage audits (depending on capabilities and training provided for the right candidate)
- Day to day client support
- Work seamlessly and build successful relationships with cross-functional teams including web development, copywriters, agencies, freelancers
- Identify optimisation opportunities for existing clients
- Collaborating and sharing initiatives, best practices and results with the rest of the team
- Attending conferences and events
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience in an agency environment
- Experience working directly with clients as a lead contact on accounts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the know-how to translate detailed knowledge into key takeaways for all involved on the project (web developers, marketing team, client). This would suit someone with a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Comprehension of site development from conception and wireframes to build and development
- Familiarity with how both front end design and back end set up can affect SEO performance (can be enhanced with specific training)
- Great organizational skills, attention to detail, presentation and accuracy when working with numbers, spreadsheets and reports.
- Analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console
- SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMrush, Ahrefs, AWR, etc. Training on these tools can be provided to the right candidate.
- Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Excel, Word
If you are a responsive, reliable, problem solver who sees the value in building great relationships with both clients and colleagues then we want to hear from you!
To apply, please send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with SEO Manager Application as the subject. We will aim to get back to you within 5 working days.
We have a strict no recruitment agencies policy, please. Any speculative CVs sent from recruitment agencies will be considered a gift.